Litesim

Saturday 25 April 2009

Litesim in your browser - the 3D flash engine

Hello,

I'm the flash coder Gareth brought on board to create a 3d engine for litesim. Without giving away too many details I'll try to explain what it's all about.

First of all, the engine will be flash 10 only, and makes good use of several new features adobe introduced to the player, as well as the improved speed of the Adobe Virtual Machine. I will not be making use of the official Adobe toolset, and instead using my own methods I will create a high-performance foundation for the rest of the project. These design decisions have enabled me to write code that should be fast enough for the needs of the litesim 3d engine.

As of yet there is nothing visually substantial to show you, but rest assured demo's will begin appearing soon as development progresses. For the coders out there, the engine source code will eventually be released under the GPL for you to examine and make use of yourself, once it's ready of course.

That's all I can tell you for now, stay tuned for updates :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home